Sunday, July 1, 2007

another week

My dad made some kind of creamy turkey noodles for dinner tonight. I don't know what all's in it; I was asleep when he made it. But it was really good and I ate most of it, so I just added to what was left for lunch tomorrow. Over angel hair pasta, there's a little turkey etc. left, now mixed with soy sauce omelette and mushrooms and onions sauteed in butter and cream. The bits I had were yummy!

One of my favorite ways to cook eggs (besides soft-boiled) is with a little soy sauce and sesame oil mixed in. It gives it such a nice salty flavor, and it's easy and fits in with lots of other stuff. I also like the tamago omelette that you find with sushi, although I've only made it once. It's sweet and light (when you don't burn it) and seems like it would be a good accompaniment to cold noodles or something.

Fourth of July's this Wednesday. I think we're going to the park with a picnic to watch fireworks. Grandmom's making her father's potato salad (a recipe which has heretofore never been successfully copied by anyone else, although I am going to attempt it), mom's making blueberry muffins, and I'm making paprika fried chicken. I think we'll leave the guys in charge of desserts. ^^ In case you didn't get it, that was red white and blue food. Mmmm, that chicken was so good, I can't wait to have it again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could be wrong, but for the sake of clarity, the word "tamago" just means "egg" in Japanese. I don't think it refers specifically to the type of egg associated with sushi. Oh, and kudos on the color coordination. I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

-Jazzy J