Sunday, August 5, 2007

Harry Potter eats update

I bought lots and lots of jelly beans from Kroger, the candy store, you name it, and finally snagged a little baggie of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans (along with a chocolate frog and a wonderball, whee!) which I mixed in the bowl that's been sitting on our table for the past week or two. I think my parents are a little wary of what they might pull out of there, but really, the chance of a vomit or earwax is very slim compared to, say, a root beer or cream soda. There are tons of those, and I personally think the root beer gets kinda icky after too many of them.

I did finally make pumpkin pasties, which were basically mini-turnovers. Really simple (except the folding and sticking dough together) and really yummy! Great snack for anytime.

As far as butterbeer goes...I've tried a few different things, most recently making hard butterscotch (with homemade butter and all) and dissolving the entire batch into a 2-liter of cream soda so that it's all ready-made. That's probably the best method I've found yet, and it's in the fridge already so it's nice and cold when you want it. Actually, the other night I had a terrible time sleeping, and about 3 am I got up to drown my sorrows in comfort food. I heated up a foamy mug of butterbeer and sipped that alongside a plate of cornbread & honey. It was very comforting. I can definitely see myself living off of that next winter the way I lived off of apple cider my freshman year. =)

Oh yes, and I ordered $20 worth of screamin' sour pop rocks from poprockscandy.com...48 little paper tubes of 'em. They're stored in my room along with a few bags of regular fruity ones from Food Lion, two boxes of sour nerds, and crayola gummi frogs to make chocolate frogs with. That ought to tide me over for a while.

No comments: