Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Moo bento

Ok guys. Prepare to be amazed.

Because I'm freaking proud of this one.



In case anyone was still wondering...THIS is a bento. Lots of food groups, lots of color, and hopefully cute enough that kids (or parents) will eat their vegetables. =)

Rice underneath as usual, the grass is made from cucumber and zucchini (is that what a julienne is?) with a tomato and carrot flower, orange pepper sun, leftover lime chicken clouds in a (colored) egg white sky and the rather large centerpiece, an egg cow. I mixed in some soy sauce and sesame oil before frying it, and it is delish!

My parents both like putting their bentos in obvious places till they get to lunchtime...I can't wait to hear what people have to say about this. =D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this in person and the pic doesn;t do it justice! It was the cutest meal I have ever seen...what a great daughter!